Room at the Inn
Room at the Inn is a shelter for families who are experiencing homelessness, located in Bridgeton, MO. Our purpose is to help our client families get into a home of their own and equip them with the tools needed to achieve success in long-term permanent housing. Room at the Inn operates on a 24 hour, 7 days per week schedule every day of the year.
We are a small organization, and all staff are expected to assist one another as required.
Shelter with a Purpose. Families with a Future.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Executive Director.
The Manager-Finance and Administration is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of the agency. This includes being the primary contact with IT and facilities and maintenance vendors as well as site management related to security systems and entry points. The Manager-Finance and Administration will also collaborate directly with the Executive Director and programs staff on grant reporting and management, primarily for grants received from governmental agencies and entities. In addition, this position will review financial information related to invoices received for the above-stated responsibilities and work directly with the accountant and Executive Director on fiscal management matters.
The ideal candidate is a personable team player who can multi-task within a busy office environment and maintain strong attention to detail. Independence, initiative, and problem-solving are key characteristics for this position. The position requires flexibility as to work schedule and job duties assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General management of the facility, grounds, and equipment including phone systems and video conferencing, office equipment, janitorial and custodial, appliances, and agency vehicles.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with agency vendors for facilities management, repair, and maintenance.
- Management of grant compliance, reporting, and financial reimbursement activities for all agency grants, including governmental and private, with assistance from Executive Director, Programs Staff, and Accounting. Works directly with contracted or internal grant writer for reporting requirements and submission.
- Assist with agency operations such as answering incoming calls, welcoming clients and volunteers, accepting donations, ordering and receiving supplies, and storage and transportation needs for clients.
- Contribute to agency operations and fundraising and work directly with other departments to ensure agency success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for Database Policy Manual and upkeep of databases, such as donor, grant, and volunteer databases.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of IT systems hardware and software, including phone and security systems.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Room at the Inn
- Bachelor’s Degree required, experience in financial management and business administration preferred.
- Experience with administrative duties, including software and database management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications
- Accepting of persons of all faith backgrounds and life experiences
- Professionalism with colleagues and the public
- Problem-solver, initiator, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task under pressure.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@roomstl.org
Salary range $45,000 to $60,000 annually. Competitive benefits package including 403b plan offered.
Updated January 2024.