Daughters of Charity Ministries, Inc.
The Supervisor of Accounting and Reporting prepares financial accounting and reporting statement analysis for the Province and is responsible for the oversight of payroll processing, and cash receipts. This position will perform analysis in preparation and reporting of the annual budget for the Province as well as be responsible for the financial accounting, reporting and budgeting for certain subsidiary entities (sponsored works). It is necessary to maintain accounting principles, practices, procedures, and internal controls to enable the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). For payroll oversight, the Supervisor of Accounting and Reporting is responsible for supervising the Payroll Administrator and managing the disbursement of a multi-state payroll, consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws. The Supervisor of Accounting and Reporting should have strong analytical and communication skills and collaborate well with others. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
1. Financial Accounting and Reporting
· Assist in preparation and reporting of the annual budget for the Province for employee payroll and benefits and various other operating areas as well as support budgeting and planning activities for assigned subsidiary entity (sponsored work). Prepare financial statement analyses and other financial information to assist with preparation of quarterly management and Board of Directors reports for the assigned sponsored work.
· For each assigned sponsored work, responsible for the daily accounting process to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
· Manage Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts processes.
· Respond to inquiries from the Controller, Accounting Manager and other finance and provincial managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
2. Payroll Oversight
· Review the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations to ensure proper internal controls and accuracy.
· Perform a final review and signoff of the bi-weekly payroll prior to submitting to ensure an accurate payroll.
· Review and authorize all payroll check exceptions, tax withholdings, garnishments and all non-standard additions.
· Prepare appropriate financial statement analyses and other financial information to assist with an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
· Prepare required government reporting.
· Supervise the payroll staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and proper recording of all related transactions.
3. Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
4. Collaborate with the Accounting Manager, Controller and CFO to support overall department goals and objectives.
5. Support Accounting Manager and Controller with special projects, financial analysis and process improvements.
6. Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
1. Promotes, exemplifies and supports the values of service to persons who are poor and the mission and values of the Daughters of Charity.
2. Provides continuing evaluation of current procedures and systems and offers suggestions for improvements.
3. Pursues continuing education and professional organization memberships to advance knowledge of accounting, nonprofit taxation and financial management.
4. Creates an environment that fosters teamwork, effective communication, responsiveness and service.
5. Performs special assignments or projects as directed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Hybrid Office Environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A CPA is preferred. Candidate must have five to seven years prior experience in financial accounting and reporting with a minimum of 3 years of payroll management and supervisory experience. Experience working in a not-for-profit or religious organization is preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The position requires extensive knowledge of financial accounting and reporting and a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (nonprofit). Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required. All candidates must be PC proficient with strong experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with ADP’s E-time system and payroll portal along with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge general ledger is a plus.
Visit our website to apply www.daughtersofcharity.org