Missouri Historical Society
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
The Missouri Historical Society commits to a process of listening attentively to one another and leveraging best practices and resources across our organization to promote a culture of inclusion where individuals from all racial and ethnic identities; ages; nationalities; social and economic statuses; sexual orientations; gender identities/expressions; religious, political, and ideological perspectives; and abilities are able to be engaged, feel valued, and thrive. click here for the full Commitment to Racial Equity
The Membership Coordinator coordinates the overall membership programs, providing exceptional customer service to MHS (Missouri Historical Society) members, with a focus on membership acquisition, retention, and renewal. The Membership Coordinator reports to the Charitable Giving Advisor.
- Acts as the main point of contact for general members and field phone calls from members and general callers to answer questions, fulfill requests, or forward them to the correct contact as needed; responds to all communication through the membership phone line and email address
- Ensures proper cultivation and stewardship for general members, including implementing communications tactics that steward relationships with new and at-risk members that fit into the overall membership retention strategy and fundraising plan
- Liaise with the marketing department to coordinate projects and timeframes and ensure clear lines of communication among marketing, membership, and development, regarding membership signage in the museum, online communication, and membership messaging on all publications.
- Works with graphic design team, mail house, and development team to design, print and digitize membership materials.
- Acts as liaison with visitor experience staff on membership sales, reporting, and program updates
- Generates and implements onsite sales training based on membership strategy and institutional goals to encourage enrollment
Member Cultivation and Stewardship
- Manage assigned list of members to increase retention and facilitate membership upgrades
- Utilize the capabilities of the donor information system (Altru) by both recording all relevant donor data and interactions and by using the system’s analytical capabilities to support strong donor engagement and communication practices
Young Friends of MHS
- Serve as the liaison to the Young Friends of MHS and support their activities working directly with the YF Board President
- Develop and implement strategies to increase membership through the efforts of the Young Friends
Membership Benefits Management
- Monitors and reports on key metrics related to membership growth and generates reports to inform member engagement strategy
- Administers the Time Travelers reciprocal membership program
- Research trends in membership categories, benefits, premiums, programs, promotions and collateral. Implement continuous process improvement for the membership program.
- Administers Orthwein Plaza and Soldiers Memorial Military Museum brick programs.
- Promotes and nurtures productive working relationships with staff throughout MHS
- Serves on organization committees as needed
- Other activities as assigned.
- 1-3 three years of experience in membership, development, or related field preferred
- Commitment to providing exceptional visitor, donor, and internal customer service at all levels, always in correspondence, on the telephone, and in person
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills combined with vision, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to multi-task and manage multiple objectives.
- Database experience (Altru preferred)
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- A willingness to work flexible hours is necessary, with ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled.
Please upload cover letter and resume when applying.
*External job boards: Please click this link, to apply.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Services Provided On A Non-Discriminatory Basis