Saint Louis University
Outreach Coordinator – Transformative Workforce Academy
Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.
All About You
Under the general direction from SLU’s Transformative Workforce Academy (TWA) Program Director, the Outreach Coordinator will play a pivotal role in building and strengthening relationships with employers and community stakeholders with the goal of increasing employment and retention rates for justice-involved individuals in the St. Louis Area and across Missouri. In addition to recruiting, training, and liaising with second chance employers, the successful candidate will collaborate closely with internal teams to identify and match qualified candidates with the right employment opportunities. The Outreach Coordinator will also assist with volunteer recruitment, enhancement of networks of support for SLU TWA jobseekers, and periodic one-on-one work with jobseekers in local jails and prisons. This role requires a passion for social impact, excellent communication skills, and the ability to navigate various industries to establish partnerships. This is a full-time position that requires a mix of in-person, travel, and remote work.
• Research and identify prospective businesses and industries by conducting market research in targeted geographic areas with a focus on the St. Louis area and an eye towards expansion in central and western Missouri.
• Initiate and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including HR professionals, hiring managers, and business owners through networking events, job fairs, industry conferences, and individual meetings. Travel to expansion areas in Missouri twice monthly to conduct in-person outreach and build awareness of SLU TWA.
• Communicate the benefits of hiring from a diverse talent pool and the positive impact on corporate social responsibility through individual consultations and group training sessions using the established “Just Talent” curriculum.
• Build, strengthen and maintain relationships with existing employers and community partners through one-on-one meetings to gather feedback, assess needs, and identify expectations and roles for working together.
• Research, identify, and conduct outreach to community agencies to establish relationships and formalize mutual referral pipelines. Build and strengthen relationships with existing community partners to facilitate holistic support of SLU TWA jobseekers.
• Periodically meet with jobseekers and provide job coaching inside local jail and prison facilities.
• Maintain accurate electronic records of research, outreach activities, partnerships, and outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to travel to expansion areas in Missouri twice monthly to conduct in-person outreach and build awareness of SLU TWA.
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evening or weekend work for events, meetings, and travel.
• Must have significant experience in outreach or business development, which may include sales and/or recruitment.
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation and training skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and network with a broad range of internal and external partners with a focus on corporate relationships.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and deadlines.
• Ability to work patiently and compassionately with individuals facing many challenges concurrently.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite.
• Qualified justice-impacted individuals are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience or at least six years of relevant working experience
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation throughout employment
• Must be able to obtain and maintain the Department of Corrections and other volunteer credentials to visit local jails and prisons throughout employment
• Familiarity with workforce development, reentry programs, or related fields is highly preferred.
Function: Staff Program Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4967554