Pedal the Cause
Organization Mission: The mission of Pedal the Cause is to provide critical funding for cancer research at Siteman Cancer Center and Siteman Kids at St. Louis Children’s Hospital through our annual cycling challenge. It is our hope that research funded by Pedal the Cause will ultimately lead to a cure for cancer.
Position Overview: The position is a key member of the Pedal the Cause MarComm team with the role of helping to develop, coordinate and execute marketing campaigns. Fresh graphic content creation and compelling writing skills are necessary to help us meet and surpass our strategic MarComm goals.
- Work with the Director of Communications & Marketing to produce compelling visual and written content for our email and text communications, digital and print marketing collateral, social media, event and program graphics, promotional materials and event signage
- Develop, adapt and strategically tailor messages that stand out for targeted audience segments using the Pedal the Cause voice, including participants, sponsors, donors, volunteers and prospects
- Aid in the production of supporting PowerPoint visuals for on-stage productions
- Help develop and execute integrated social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Monitor social media channels, engage with our followers and build relationships in our community and beyond
- Create targeted ads for Facebook/Instagram to help meet specific MarComm goals
- Maintain the archival photo library
- Other duties include assisting staff with lead-up events, administration functions and event management
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a marketing and communications related field
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously while meeting required deadlines
- Experience with MS Suite, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop skills a plus) and Canva
- Social media fluent with a handle on current trends
- Palpable passion for our mission to create A World Without Cancer
- Skilled storyteller and compelling writer
- Ability to thrive in and promote a culture of high performance
Must be able to pass criminal background checks, reference checks and drug screening
Availability to work several weekends and evenings throughout the year and leading up to event weekend. Availability to work the weekend of September 21-22, 2024, and for future event weekends. Comp time for weekend hours is provided.
Pedal the Cause offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, generous paid time-off, support for on-going learning and development, and solid 401(k) retirement plan to promote personal financial security. Pedal the Cause is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter via email to Ashley@pedalthecause.org