St. Louis Mental Health Board (MHB)
About the St. Louis Mental Health Board
Established in 1994, the St. Louis Mental Health Board (Saint Louis MHB or MHB) is an independent government taxing authority charged with collecting and distributing two separate property tax funds (Community Mental Health Fund and Community Children’s Services Fund) for purposes consistent with Missouri State Statutes and approved by voters. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for City residents by investing in the provision of quality behavioral health and children’s services. MHB does not provide services directly but makes grants and other funding available to area nonprofits and government to provide direct services to St. Louis City residents.
Saint Louis MHB is seeking a full-time Data and Performance Analyst to expand MHB’s data collection, evaluation, performance mangement, and continuous quality improvement with the goal of informing its Board, staff, and the community about the impact of MHB’s community investments, including its strategic initiatives. This position will help staff generate and use evidence to advance MHB’s commitment to health equity and racial justice, and to inform its data-driven decision making to facilitate the attainment of MHB’s strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and summarize feedback from the community to inform decision-making processes
- Work closely with staff, community partners, funders, and Funded Partners (aka Grantees) on the design and implementation of data collection, data analysis, and data sharing
- Conduct high-quality applied research and evaluation using chosen methods and culturally responsive and equitable approaches
- Clearly document analytic decision rules and procedures for quality assurance and replication
- Assemble, clean, manage, and analyze large longitudinal quantitative data, survey data, and/or qualitative data sets derived from multiple sources
- Design, administer and analyze surveys
- Effectively communicate actionable applied research and evaluation findings and recommendations to a variety of audiences through written reports and summaries, presentations, data displays, and other data visualization techniques
- Design, develop and maintain internal data, forms, surveys and custom dahsboard reports based on staff input and implement data queries
- Implement policies and protocols for data management that ensure data integrity, quality, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
- Maintain status and prepare reporting for Strategic Plan updates to the Board of Trustees
- Compile, analyze and prepare publications, data reports, and analytics for distribtuion to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide assistance to Funded Partners for all data and outcome reporting processes
- Support MHB’s continuous quality improvement efforts based on data collected and analyzed
- Assist in the summary, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of relevant key statistics submitted by tax-funded partners and strategic initiative partners and collaborate with internal staff and partners to develop common statistics used to assess collective and community impact
- Research publicly available data, statistics and trends that could inform the work of MHB, and fulfill all data requests related to MHB and other community research
- Master’s degree in social work, public policy, public health, sociology, psychology, or related field plus at least 4 years of experience in a nonprofit or government setting
- Demonstrated expertise in quantative, qualitative, or mixed methods applied research and evaluation methodology, design, and analysis
- Demonstrated data preparation and cleaning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- History of working cooperatively and effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to health equity and racial justice
- Objective decision maker that does not include personal preference or bias in decisions
- Excellent judgment and ability to handle confidential information
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation allowing travel between locations when required
- Independently mobile in a variety of locations and settings
The salary range for this full-time position is $65,187 – $94,520 with a highly competitive benefit package.
Please email the following using the subject line Data and Performance Analyst: (1) cover letter, (2) resume, (3) contact information for at least three professional references as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 PM, Friday, February 16, 2024.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MHB maintains a policy of non-discrimination in employment and complies with and supports all federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination in employment. Specifically, MHB does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic infomration, or any other characteristice to the extent prohibited by Federal, state or local law.