Saint Louis University
Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.
All About You
Under administrative direction, the Development Director serves as a leader within the Development Division and within the School of Law, the Chaifetz School of Business, and/or other North campus Schools; is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift donors as well as cooperation with planned giving and annual giving; develops productive working relationships with key faculty members to have knowledge of School priorities and opportunities. The Director will manage a portfolio of donors while developing strategies to successfully move donor groups (faculty, alumni, friends) in support of the School, while working collaboratively with School leadership.
Participates in strategic planning and manages overall execution of fundraising for the School(s), including managing an active portfolio of ~100-120 major, planned, annual and President’s Circle prospects; leads the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects; partners with dean(s), faculty and staff, development administrative support, and development colleagues to promote strategic development goals; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with School administration, faculty and staff and develops a broad understanding of School-level priorities; collaborates with Planned Giving on a regular and ongoing basis.
• Manages external constituents and their experiences while on campus, including volunteers and alumni; represent the School(s) and University in the community, through networking events, industry-specific associations or professional development opportunities; participates actively on committees for special efforts, such as legacy enrollment, alumni affinity group engagement, Homecoming, etc.
• Writes solicitation, acknowledgement and thank you communications.
• Assists the Dean and other School leadership to develop and maintain School-based boards to further the goals of providing expertise, visibility and funding to the School and/or program.
• Assists with the management of scholarships and their funds; reports progress on a regular basis.
• The position will be required to travel (potentially 25%) to meet and solicit Alumni.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
• Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
• Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
• Marketing and presentation skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to self-motivate in a partially remote working environment
• Time management skills are a must
• Bachelor’s degree; supplemented with three or more (3+) years of related work experience.
• Valid Driver’s License also required.
• A fundraising background in universities or other educational field is preferred.
• Advanced degree or relevant accredited certificates (such as Certified Fund Raising Executive – CFRE) are a plus.
All candidates are encouraged to apply who meet the minimum requirements and are passionate about SLU and its mission. SLU Development Division has multiple positions available and will hire at the following levels of experience: Development Officer (1-3 years), Director of Development (4+ years).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4938162