Community Impact Network
Job Title: Multimedia Specialist
Reporting to: Vice President of Engagement
Location: Wellston, Missouri
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
The Community Impact Network (“Network”) is a private operating foundation that builds equity by serving those who create opportunities for people in the 24:1 community to learn, live, and leave a legacy. The 24:1 community includes the people who live in the municipalities and sections of unincorporated north St. Louis County that make up the Normandy Schools Collaborative school district.
The Network has about seventy-five member organizations who collectively serve the 24:1 community in the Network’s three priority areas: (1) Network members create opportunities for people to access quality education throughout their life (“Learning”); (2) Network members create opportunities for people to be safe and healthy, get a job, move through the housing continuum, and experience economic mobility (“Living”); and (3) Network members create opportunities for people to leave a positive legacy for future generations (“Legacy”).
The Network’s staff serve in three main ways: (1) by listening to community stakeholders to inform how the Network does its work and to identify community needs, goals, and dreams (“Engaging”); (2) by working with service providers to address community needs, improve services, craft solutions to challenges, align around shared objectives, and build connections between community members and those who serve them (“Collaborating”); and (3) providing a suite of supportive services, including financial, strategic, and organizational resources, to service providers working in the Network’s priority areas (“Investing”).
The Network has an annual budget of about $15 million and roughly 18 full-time employees.
The Multimedia Specialist will be responsible for creating, editing, and managing multimedia content and website management, which includes images/visuals, graphics, video, and digital interactive elements.
The Multimedia Specialist role involves using various tools to produce engaging and visually appealing materials for marketing, communication, community engagement and educational purposes. The successful candidate will utilize various tools and software to produce high-quality graphic design and multimedia content, ensuring effective distribution to targeted audiences in alignment with the Network’s goals, messaging, and brand image.
The Multimedia Specialist will be a part of the engagement team and will report to the Vice President of Engagement and work directly with the Communications Coordinator to produce high-quality and cohesive multimedia assets that align with the Network’s goals.
Essential functions are fundamental job duties. They do not include marginal tasks, which are also performed, but are incidental to the primary functions. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position, if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Multimedia Content Creation
· Develop visually compelling graphics, images, presentations, videos, and interactive digital elements for marketing, advertising, communication, and educational initiatives.
· Ensure multimedia content aligns with the organization’s brand image and messaging.
· Documents and participates in events and programs, including but not limited to, taking videos, photos, posting to social media, website, blogs, etc.
· Oversee and coordinate content creation with Communications Coordinator of the Network’s website.
· Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the organization’s website by updating and optimizing multimedia content such as graphics, videos, and content.
· Collaborate with the web developer to ensure a seamless integration of multimedia elements.
· Create and design various materials, including brochures, fliers, infographics, social media posts, and other print and digital assets for internal and external communication channels and Network events.
· Works with Communications Coordinator to create engaging social media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) materials (i.e. original videos, graphics, photographs).
· Collaborate across departments and teams to understand project goals and requirements for design requests and projects and translate concepts and ideas into compelling visual designs that communicate effectively.
· Work with print vendors to ensure the timely and cost-effective execution of print projects.
· Manage multiple design projects simultaneously, from conception to completion.
· Meet project deadlines and ensure high-quality deliverables.
Distribution and Outreach
· Coordinate the distribution of multimedia assets across various channels, ensuring maximum reach and engagement.
· Monitor and analyze the performance of multimedia content, making recommendations for improvement using tools such as Google Analytics and search engine optimization.
· Stay updated on design trends and incorporate fresh, creative approaches into projects.
· Utilize a variety of software and tools for multimedia production and design such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
· Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Personal characteristics required of all employees such as honesty, integrity, ability to get along with others, professionalism, and courtesy are presumed qualities which may not be listed specifically.
· Team-oriented and committed to sustaining strong, productive working partnerships with all staff, board members, community members, and stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal skills; sensitivity to diversity and multicultural issues. Able to build effective relationships for the organization among diverse constituencies.
· Ability to coordinate a variety of unrelated functions and handle multiple projects concurrently.
· Strong organizational skills with unparalleled attention to detail and ability to disseminate information clearly and concisely.
· Embraces change and is flexible and adaptable.
· Be self-directed and possess sound judgment.
· Ability to represent and reflect organizational values.
· Able to complete tasks and duties in a timely and accurate manner with minimal supervision.
Required Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or a related field with a minimum of 2 years of successful design-related experience. Experience working in program coordination or project management.
· Proven experience as a Graphic Designer with a strong and diverse portfolio.
· Proficiency in graphic design software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
· Understanding of print and digital design principles.
· Detail-oriented with a strong focus on quality and accuracy.
· Have a keen eye for aesthetics and details.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
· Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
· An inclusive and respectful attitude toward people of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
· Willingness to travel locally (less than 5%).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, in-office position in a standard office environment. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some work after the normal office hours or on weekends may be necessary from time to time. Flexibility in working hours is available, but regular office hours are generally preferred. Some periods may require more intensive work hours due to project timelines or events. Hybrid or remote work options may be available at certain times, depending on priority deadlines and workload.
This position requires the use of computers, phones, and personal conversations. The constant use of eyes and hands will be required in all environments where work is performed. The incumbent may stand, walk, reach, stoop, climb, lift, carry, and bend occasionally when performing essential job functions in the office and at other locations. These activities may include walking through various locations and at activities, operation of common office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machine, mailboxes, or scanner.
We have a policy of offering equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Specifically, Community Impact Network and Equity Homes does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic to the extent prohibited by Federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community Impact Network requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all staff. As a prospective and/or a new employee at Community Impact Network, you will be/are required to comply with the company’s vaccination policy. To be considered “vaccinated” under this policy, the employee must receive all doses recommended by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for that purpose by the Federal Drug Administration (“FDA”). Proof of full vaccination is required before the start of employment in order to work at Community Impact Network. Exemptions may be granted on the grounds of religious beliefs or medical circumstances.
All applicants must apply here: Multimedia Specialist – St. Louis, MO 63133 – Indeed.com