The Jewish Community Center
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent health and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs, arts, and sports experiences. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits including a complimentary membership! The J’s culture is warm and inclusive to all, employees are safe being who they are at work. Be a part of this amazing team and community.
We offer outstanding benefits!
- Free individual membership
- Discounts on personal training, massages & individual Pilates reformer sessions
- Discounts for our camps for dependents, party rentals, etc.
- Discounts at our early childhood centers for dependents
- Two complimentary tickets to cultural arts programming and more!
The Family Center Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and vision for the Family Centers at the Staenberg Family Complex and Marilyn Fox Building by providing programs and outreach to meet the needs of Jewish families with children ages 0-5. Programs typically includes classes as well as special Jewish holiday and community events and other collaborative efforts i.e., family Shabbat dinners, classes, events in collaboration with other organizations, and play groups.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Family Center programs, by setting yearly goals, establishing policies and objectives, engaging lay committees and volunteers being sure to address the needs and interests of the Family Center community as well as the mission of the department.
- Create programs and classes that directly respond to the needs and interest of Jewish families with young children ages 0-5.
- Responsible for scheduling programs, hiring, training, supervising, and working with staff and/or administering programs directly, creation of program curriculum, recruiting participants, handling registration, reserving rooms, and program evaluations/quality.
- Represent the department at Family Center programs and activities. Welcome participants at beginning/end of ongoing programs if not directly teaching. Help connect participants to Jewish Life at the J and to the J community at large.
- Work in collaboration with external community partners, synagogues, Jewish Federation, PJ Library, Shalom Baby, in reaching out to engage young families into the Jewish community.
- Work collaboratively with Early Childhood Centers, JCC departments, and colleagues in the St Louis Jewish Community to plan programs and activities for the Family Center.
- Staff appropriate committees as needed being sure to utilize committees to plan upcoming programs/classes, maintain active ongoing communication/partnership with chair and committee, utilize committee members to engage families into the JCC, and maximize the use of committee members’ skills.
- Attend department meetings at the JCC and related meetings in the St Louis Jewish community to represent program.
- Oversee and monitor program budgets and financial expectations; work in partnership with Agency departments on budgets and fundraising/sponsorship.
- Work with the JCC Marketing department to develop program marketing plan and materials for the Family Center. Use personal outreach to build community.
- Assist, as needed, with other JCC special programs for families.
- A High School diploma or GED is required; bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Two years of related work experience, particularly in project management, is required.
- Prior experience working with children, preferable early childhood age.
- Prior work experience with a not-for-profit organization is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project from conception to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to perform community outreach.
- Demonstrated expertise in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications (i.e. salesforce) as required for your position is required.
- Excellent people skills.
- High energy and ambition.For more information about the J, please see our website: www.jccstl.org.
The J is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security’s E-verify Program.
Use this link to apply.