Gateway Arch Park Foundation
Gateway Arch Park Foundation
Position Announcement | Development Coordinator, Membership
WHO WE ARE: Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a non-profit conservancy dedicated to ensuring Gateway Arch National Park and its surroundings are a welcoming, vibrant, and well supported public space for today and generations to come.
The Foundation partnered with the National Park Service, Great Rivers Greenway, Bi-State Development, City of St. Louis, and other civic interest groups to revitalize the Gateway Arch grounds, museum and surrounding areas.
As the official philanthropic partner of Gateway Arch National Park and its neighboring areas, we fundraise to conserve, maintain, program and support education opportunities at the park.
OPPORTUNITY: This is a unique opportunity to join a small, passionate, collaborative team of professionals committed to the future of one of the world’s most iconic national parks. By joining the Foundation, you will play an integral part in moving our mission forward as the conservancy for Gateway Arch National Park.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative, and passionate professional to support the day-to-day operations of the Foundation’s Membership program.
– This individual reports to the Manager of Individual Giving and Stewardship.
– The Development Coordinator, Membership, works closely with the development and communications team, in addition to all staff members.
– This is a full-time, non-exempt position in a hybrid working environment.
– Benefits include health insurance, parking stipend, 401K, long & short-term disability coverage.
– The salary range is $42,500-$52,000.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Membership Coordination: help execute strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors, working to grow the Foundation’s annual pipeline of donors.
– Relationship Management and Stewardship: Implement and manage a robust stewardship program that includes phone outreach, email campaigns, thank you letters, and event planning.
– Donor Communication: collaborate with the Manager of Individual Giving and Stewardship and communications team to create effective donor messages for social media, events, newsletter stories and other brand building opportunities. Assist in the production of fundraising collateral.
– Donor Engagement and Fundraising Events: assist in operations of Picnic In Your Park, design, implement and manage a monthly member tour program, under the direction of the Manager of Individual Giving and Stewardship execute the logistics of donor recognition, cultivation, and fundraising events.
– On-Site Membership Ambassador: Serve as the face of the Membership program at Gateway Arch National Park, actively engaging with visitors 1-2 days a week to promote membership benefits, answer inquiries, and foster a sense of community support for the park.
– Friends Advisory Board Support: participate in the Friends Advisory Board meetings and support the Manager of Individual Giving and Stewardship in the management of the board, preparing for meetings and related communications.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 1-3 years of related experience.
– Ability to develop effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies.
– Commitment to learning and staying apprised of best practices in philanthropy, fundraising and donor relations.
– Commitment to customer service and success in stewarding relationships.
– Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
– Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Experience with a donor database or CRM software.
– Ability to meet deadlines and solve difficult problems both collaboratively and independently.
– Passion for St. Louis, National Parks, and the positive impact the Foundation has on Gateway Arch National Park, the City of St. Louis, and the region.
– Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
– Willingness to work on other duties as assigned, supporting a small collaborative team.
– This position requires working limited nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
– All employees of Gateway Arch Park Foundation are subject to mandatory background checks upon hiring.
Physical Requirements: The individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily as outlined in this job description; where necessary for a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job, reasonable accommodations will be provided.
– Ability to utilize computer keyboard (typing) and sit for extended periods of the workday within an office environment.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is at times exposed to outside weather conditions while moving between various park buildings and on park trails.
– Employees, at times, staff public and private events at booths and tables outdoors and indoors.
– The general noise level in the office environment is moderate to quiet with some exceptions.
– Ability to operate personally owned vehicle.
– Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. when transporting supplies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, pregnancy, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Gateway Arch Park Foundation is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement: The Arch belongs to everyone. Gateway Arch Park Foundation seeks to create inclusive environments for people to be themselves by identifying, accepting, embracing, and celebrating our differences. We are authentic in our work in Gateway Arch National Park and Downtown St. Louis by creating places, programming, and experiences that reflect the community. We are committed to ensuring all feel welcome at the Arch.
NEXT STEPS: If you are qualified and interested, take the next step, and submit your resume, cover letter for consideration firstname.lastname@example.org. All resume submissions will be treated as confidential.