Unleashing Potential (formerly Neighborhood Houses)
One of St. Louis’ oldest and most important nonprofits, Unleashing Potential’s programs include Early Childhood Education, After School, Enrichment Camps, and Youth Development. Through this continuum of care, we partner with parents and engage children as we work to close the opportunity gap faced by children in lower income communities. For more information, please visit our website: https://www.upstl.org
The Development Manager provides event, marketing and communication support to the Development office. Key responsibilities include: supporting development activities including managing and planning special events, creating marketing and communications materials, and overseeing direct mail appeals.
- Manage internal and external annual fundraising events. Includes marketing, coordinating sponsors, contractors, vendors and volunteers; planning and coordinating all aspects of event logistics and detail; and soliciting and collecting auction items.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of communications and public relations plans.
- Manage and design various communications collateral including monthly e-newsletter, print newsletter, social media accounts and website.
- Oversee the management and marketing of the agency’s Missouri YOP tax credit donations.
- Oversee annual giving appeals. Produce well written, compelling donor letters.
- Key contact with external vendors to produce appeals, newsletters, and event marketing materials.
- Key contact with Program staff for development and graphic design of marketing and communications.
- Oversee Young Professional Board by attending bi-monthly meetings, assist with cultivating new members and maintaining current membership, and provide any administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professionalism and Work Conduct:
- Behaves with integrity, demonstrates high ethical standards, and displays a positive image of Unleashing Potential.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times and maintains appropriate boundaries with children, families and staff.
- Demonstrates accountability for results and keeps commitments to others.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in relevant conferences and educational opportunities.
Education /Job Experience/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or other related field with a minimum of two years development experience preferred.
- Writing sample may be requested.
Special Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Adherence to ethics adopted by the Association of Fund Raising Professionals.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of donor information and other sensitive data.
- Previous experience with events and social media management.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to present information concisely and effectively.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite applications, required. Ability to effectively use various software for data analysis, communication and report writing.
- Performs functions in a standard office environment.
- Sustains manual dexterity to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to lift 10-25 pounds or over 25 pounds with assistance on occasion.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments; must be detail-oriented. Must have excellent project coordination skills.
- High level of initiative and ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to work with Program staff.
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a collaborative management team.
- Car and valid driver’s license and insurance required.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail a cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position, your resume, salary requirements, and 3 work-related references to email@example.com
DEADLINE: open until position is filled.
Unleashing Potential is an EOE and an at- will employer.