St. Louis Community College Foundation
The basics of this position:
The Business Analyst- STLCC Foundation objective is to record the financial impact of ongoing events and transactions, within the appropriate fund accounts, in a manner that is consistent with generally accepted accounting principles; perform duties necessary to monitor the Foundation’s fiscal activity; stay abreast of transactions that have a financial impact and that require financial statement reporting; serve as liaison to College and third parties for all Foundation funds, including activities related to the investment portfolio monitoring and transactions.
What you’ll do:
- Prepares annual audit draft with associated footnotes, year-end schedules, documentation, and reports for external auditors.
- Provides financial detail annually for IRS 990 tax filing and files other IRS forms as appropriate.
- Monitors accuracy of data and financial information in Banner Advancement, Foundation Finance Chart, and subsidiary general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with the student accounting, financial aid, and daily bank activity statements.
- Reconciles monthly financial and investment statements through external systems and processes, such as UMB banking, Mercer Comerica, Edward Jones investments, Elavon credit card system, Merchandise Services, and other third-party systems.
- Performs quarterly reviews of market activity and assess cash flow, updating endowment fund budgets and execute fund transfers, when appropriate.
- Distributes investment unallocated income to permanently restricted disbursement funds and other select funds.
- Completes general Foundation financial activities related to daily procedures and annual Foundation events, such as, but not limited to, processing check requests, entering direct student payments into Banner Advancement, coordinating internal college transfers with various college departments, assist Foundation staff with banking and financial questions for grant application and donor reports, expense allocation, and maintenance of Foundation revenue log.
- Oversees the process for employee payroll donations, including the creation of new payroll pledge commitments and termination of expired pledges. Coordinate all payroll pledges with Payroll department to ensure accurate processing.
- Analyzes Foundation accounts, corrects identified errors and initiates all accounting entries as necessary, including but not limited to prepaid expense, deferred revenue, pledge discounts, etc. weekly.
- Serves as Foundation liaison to campus Business Manager, regarding budget development for Foundation grant applications and post grant financial tracking.
- Creates new designations in Banner Advancement, assigns new funds in Banner Finance and communicate all updates to college business office, financial aid, and student accounts, as needed.
- Develops, implements, and maintains guidelines to ensure adherence to IRS non-profit regulations and college policies while improving standardization, efficiency and workflow as needed.
- Serves as financial liaison with college administration and staff, Foundation Board of Directors, Foundation Board Finance committee, auditor, and third-party vendors.
- Prepares monthly statement of financial position and statement of activities reports. Including, the drafting of internal comments for Foundation Board Finance committee chair and communicating with the Finance committee, answering questions, and providing additional feedback when requested.
- Attends Finance committee meetings and assist with the preparation of meeting agenda and minutes.
- Provides fiscal training and instruction to Foundation staff as needed.
- Periodically reviews existing Cognos reports, checking for accuracy. Work with Foundation Data Analyst to create new reports as needed.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and over three (3) years of relevant nonprofit accounting experience.
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee – including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.