earthday365 runs the innovative Green Dining Alliance (GDA) program, the region’s only third-party certifier of restaurant sustainability with over 83 certified restaurants. The GDA Program Manager’s primary focus will be to recruit and mentor new restaurants while recertifying existing GDA restaurants and helping them meet new sustainability goals on a yearly basis.
The Manager will be the chief liaison with program participants and stakeholders. The candidate should be prepared to work independently to create new business leads, develop relationships, perform restaurant sustainability audits, and coordinate the program with support from earthday365 staff members, volunteers, and the Board of Directors.
This is a full-time, salaried ($45,000/ yr.) position including health insurance, dental, vision, and retirement benefits. Professional development stipend, meal stipend, and mileage reimbursement are provided. The organization is also piloting a 4 day workweek (32 hrs/wk).
Specific duties may include but are not limited to the following:
– Identify, recruit, and cultivate relationships with a diverse set of restaurant participants for GDA certification
– Create and maintain Green Dining Districts (such as the Loop, Maplewood, and the Grove)
– Schedule, audit, and certify restaurants through virtual and in-person formats with an intention towards education and achieving sustainability goals.
– Research products, services, and information to advance restaurants’ green dining goals
– Work with participating restaurants to develop tailored strategies for meeting program goals and advancing sustainable business practices
– Perform administrative duties to support and expand the GDA program
– Participate in the development of outreach materials for restaurants and diners
– Develop, coordinate and lead educational programs and promotional outreach events with partners such as MOBOT, the Art Museum, Washington University, and the Zoo
– Develop curriculum for trainings; facilitate trainings with other earthday365 staff
– Organize data to complete audit reports and quarterly reports
– Create updates of audit instrument in Excel and transition to new database
– Assist in representing the GDA in community outreach and educational opportunities
– Assist with managing the Earth Day Café at the Earth Day Festival
– Supervise other program staff, VISTA, or interns for the Green Dining Alliance and distribute the program responsibilities appropriately.
– Assist with grants and sponsorships to support the program’s sustainability in collaboration with the Executive Director.
– Assist in the development of new programs and special projects
– Help coordinate GDA-related earthday365 fundraising events together with other earthday365 staff
Supervision & Collaboration:
The GDA Program Manager supervises the GDA Assistant and co-manages a VISTA position. The GDA Program Manager reports to the Director of Operations and the Executive Director.
Application candidate attributes and skills should include:
– Previous knowledge of and experience in the food service industry, especially product sourcing
– Experience in program development or project management
– Proficiency in basic office software (Google Drive, Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and a talent for spreadsheets
– Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, writing, and creative problem-solving
– Demonstrated competency in completing internet research
– Detail-oriented; able to handle multiple tasks and to work independently
– Strong interest in/understanding of environmental issues and green restaurant practices
– Experience or knowledge in green building, and sustainable design and operations
– Competency working on Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
– Excellent time management skills
– Ability to work weekends and evenings periodically
– Bachelors or Master’s degree in sustainability-related field
– Previous sales and consulting experience, ideally within the food service industry and/or sustainability fields
– Experience with an accreditation system (LEED, etc)
– Experience in coordinating and supervising others
– Experience with Google Documents and various social networking tools
BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled