Veterans Community Project
VCP PROVIDES EXCELLENT BENEFITS!!
- Employees pay $0 out-of-pocket towards health, vision and dental premiums
- VCP offers a 401k plan at a 4% match
- Employees receive 6 weeks of paid time off in addition to major holidays
Veterans Community Project (VCP) Overview
Founded in 2016 in Kansas City, MO, VCP is dedicated to supporting every man and woman who took the oath to defend our nation. The most significant barrier to ending Veteran homelessness is the revolving door of unstable housing and the frustrating maze Veterans must navigate to get essential support. The first step to being an effective program is to connect Veterans and the community. VCP created an innovative homeless housing program and outreach assistance that provides inclusive services to aid Veterans in re-claiming control over their lives.
VCP is comprised of a staff that identifies as connectors, feelers, and doers on a mission to help any Veteran, regardless of discharge status or time served. We pride ourselves on moving with swift, bold action driven by our mission. At the heart of VCP, we believe in quality collaboration, community, compassion, and serving all Veterans with dignity and respect.
The Development Administrative Coordinator plays a pivotal role in offering comprehensive administrative support to the Development Team, focusing on donor stewardship and communication. This position involves overseeing various components of donor prospect research and prospect management tracking systems. Working under guidance, the coordinator will establish and execute a dynamic moves management process for donor cultivation, ensuring seamless coordination of donor correspondence in relation to our ongoing $12.8 million capital campaign. Additionally, the Coordinator will actively contribute to fundraising initiatives, volunteer programming, special events, and development communication/marketing efforts aimed at engaging new and existing individuals within the local community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with planning and execution of activities related to Capital Campaigns including, but not limited to, campaign plans, goals, timelines, and key milestones.
- Maintain and update donor databases, ensuring accurate and current information.
- Generate reports and analyze information to assist in fundraising strategies.
- Assist in building and maintaining donor relationships including but not limited to supporting and coordinating donor discovery, cultivation, and engagement activities.
- Coordinate donor communication and updates.
- Support the planning and execution of fundraising events and related follow up.
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials and communications related to fundraising campaigns.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development, including scheduling, correspondence, and file management.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and materials.
- Collaborate with finance or accounting departments to reconcile financial records.
- Assist in preparing regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and qualify major gift donor prospects (individuals, corporations & foundations) with the capacity to make a significant gift to VCP based on their potential to contribute and their interest in the organization.
- Research and qualification methods may include:
- Assess the alignment of a potential donors’ interests and values with the organization’s mission and priorities.
- Provide insights into a prospect’s ability and likelihood to contribute to the organization
- Evaluate the financial capacity of potential donors by analyzing wealth indicators such as real estate holdings, stock ownership, business affiliations, and philanthropic history.
- Manage or assist with other projects and other related duties as needed.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Competencies and Areas of Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and self-awareness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within multiple time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and writing skills with a knack for detail.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, including record keeping and reporting.
- Proven track record of discretion and good judgment while working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent computer skills, including intermediate proficiency or above, using Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility is a crucial attribute for this position. VCP is a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to take on additional duties or change course to ensure the organization’s success is essential.
- Must possess intellectual curiosity and a desire to continuously learn and grow as well as curiosity to understand how your job impacts the work of others.
To apply, please visit the following link: https://veterans-community-project.prismhr-hire.com/job/756018/development-administrative-coordinator
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent or applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent or applicant when possible.
Veterans Community Project is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. All VCP employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.