Dutchtown Main Streets
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Dutchtown Main Streets is seeking an Executive Director to lead the sustainability of the Dutchtown Main Streets organization. The Executive Director will implement the Four Point Approach of Main Street America, which includes implementing Dutchtown’s transformation strategies of “creating people-centered places” and “promoting entrepreneurship and equitable development.”
Organizational Management: 40%
- The Executive Director will supervise, direct, and manage day to day business and management of the organization.
- Manage all administrative and reporting aspects of the organization, including grant reporting and Main Street reporting.
- Oversee volunteers, contractors, partners and other affiliated entities affiliated with programming and events.
- Coordinate promotional events to attract people and economic activity into the area.
- Coordinate communication between the community, stakeholders, and Dutchtown Main Streets.
- Work with stakeholders to implement existing frameworks, such as the Gravois-Jefferson Plan, 2030 Jobs Plan, and the Economic Justice Action Plan, to revitalize Dutchtown’s corridors.
Fund Development: 40%
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of fundraising efforts.
- Develop strategies to increase revenue through grants, sponsorships, individual donations, and other fundraising activities.
- Attract new opportunities for public-private partnerships.
Establish and maintain relationships with funding sources and donors, as well as prepare and submit grant proposals and reports.
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals.
- Help recruit, train, and motivate fundraising volunteers.
- Keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and fund development.
Small Business Owner Engagement: 20%
- Provide technical assistance and resources to small business owners.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among business owners, community leaders, and other stakeholders to improve Dutchtown’s vision and mission.
- Knowledge of or experience with the Four Point Approach of the Main Street program or other economic development or transformation approaches to community development.
- A commitment to racial equity and understanding of Dutchtown, especially its unique history and development into one of the most racially diverse neighborhoods in St. Louis.
- Proven track record of fund development and grant writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate within a growing organization by providing strategies geared to accomplishing the organization’s plans and transformation strategies.
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with the Dutchtown Main Streets board and other volunteers.
- Passionate about community, mission-driven, and works from a strengths-based approach. Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, self-directed, and adaptable.
- Bachelor’s degree or five (5) or more years of related experience preferred.
How to Apply
Send your résumé, desired salary, and cover letter to email@example.com outlining how your experience aligns with our job description, neighborhood goals, and why you should be our first Executive Director.