The Community Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator utilizes trauma informed care and Housing First best practices and is responsible for the development, scheduling, and management of volunteer relationships and volunteer data to support the Gateway180 mission and operations. The Community Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for advocating for our mission and for sharing our story with the community to support the recruitment of volunteers and supporters, and the procurement of in-kind donations. The Community Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Development Department with day-to-day needs.
· Recruits and manages volunteers, facilitating the completion of background checks, necessary forms, onboarding, and training.
· Maintains accurate volunteer records, tracking hours in the agency CRM, notating interests and skills.
· Communicates regularly with volunteers to address their needs, recognize contributions, and ensure a positive volunteer experience.
· Supports special projects, events, and community engagement initiatives, creating and distributing promotional materials and flyers, overseeing volunteers and staff at both on-site and off-site venues.
· Acts as the agency representative at designated community events and activities.
· Participates in efforts and events focused on obtaining financial support from individuals, corporations, and stakeholders, encompassing special events, annual campaigns, and other agency activities.
· Collaborates with staff members to assess and address the evolving needs of the agency, ensuring that volunteer activities align with the organization’s mission, are mutually beneficial, and contribute effectively to the agency’s overall objectives.
· Collaborates with shelter personnel to address programming requirements.
· Supports the implementation of training and development programs for both employees and volunteers.
· Contributes content to G180’s social media channels as necessary.
· Performs other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Passion for community service and a strong desire to contribute to a meaningful cause.
· Genuine enthusiasm for the shelter’s mission and dedication to making a positive impact.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
· Strong organizational, time and project management skills.
· Adept in utilizing graphic design tools like Canva and Adobe Suite to craft compelling and visually appealing materials.
· Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task, and manage competing deadlines with attention to detail.
· Respectful communication with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Quick learner with ability to work well in a fast-paced environment while adapting quickly to changing needs of the organization.
· Demonstrated interest and passion for Gateway180’s mission to provide education, support, and advocacy for those individuals living with a mental health condition, their family, and friends.
· Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for special events.
· Non-profit experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of Gateway180 programs and services is preferred.
Occupational Health and Safety
All Gateway180 employees are responsible and accountable for:
· Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
· Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety.
· Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
· Correct utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Be updated on immunizations as required in keeping our families safe.
· As mandatory reporters, case managers are responsible for reporting any client behavior to the Department of Family Services through their 24-hour hotline.
General Understanding & Equal Opportunity Employer
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Gateway 180 is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are evaluated based on job qualifications and not race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status.
To Apply please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com