Parents as Teachers National Center
Parents as Teachers is a Saint Louis, Missouri-based international non-profit dedicated to family engagement, impactful parenting, child and maternal health, and the school readiness of young children. We are recognized for our evidence-based home visiting model, our research based and evidence informed curricula, and for being an international leader in professional development of the early childhood and home visiting fields. Through partner organizations and model affiliates in all 50 states and internationally, we are working to maximize opportunities to impact the lives of young children through the engagement and education of parents and all those who care for young children.
Department: Expansion and Model Replication
Reports To: Affiliate Business Services Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary of the position: Work within a team to enhance the quality of Parents as Teachers’ customer service by providing supportive, responsive and relevant customer service to our program staff across the country. This full-time position reports to the Affiliate Business Services Manager and is housed in the Expansion and Model Replication division.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to email, telephone and contact us tickets from customer’s inquiries regarding: curriculum access, renewals, Affiliate fees, support for our Curriculum Users, adopting our data management system, Penelope; general questions about Parents as Teachers and program locations, and login questions to our Parents as Teachers portal, our data management system, Penelope, and assistance to our Learning management system, O.L.I.V.E.R.
- Utilize customer management system/database (Aptify) views to monitor renewals, affiliation renewals and attach documents.
Assist customers with accessing resources and tools on the electronic business portal, including: portal issues and updating individual profiles and affiliate company information.
- Provide both verbal and written communication to customers in a timely manner.
- Assist customers with accessing resources and tools on the ebiz portal and our learning management system including issues with access.
- Work collaboratively within departmental and cross-departmental teams to develop needed solutions and to improve existing processes.
- Send subscription renewal reminder emails monthly to all individuals with upcoming renewals.
- Send Affiliates with past due subscriptions reminders by email twice monthly.
- Update Excel spreadsheet monthly showing new affiliates and lost affiliates.
Education/Experience: The successful applicant works well in a team and demonstrates a positive, professional manner. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years of experience with a customer management system/database and in customer service
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be self –paced and have the ability to adapt to new technology.
- Team-based or collaborative work experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule forms.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Commitment to building personal and organizational sensitivity toward diverse cultural, socio-economic and lifestyle backgrounds.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook. Aptify experience preferred.
- Familiar with data systems, data entry, and retrieval
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Position Available: Immediately
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, Parents as Teachers does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all facets or employment.
For consideration, please submit your resume with names/contact information of 3 references and cover letter, along with salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org