The National Museum of Transportation
We’ve grown. We’ve improved. We’ve added buildings, restored artifacts, and increased S.T.E.A.M. learning facilities. Now we are ready to accelerate our growth.
The National Museum of Transportation, an organization dedicated to preserving transportation history for future generations, is looking for the right Community Outreach and Visitor Experience Manager to lead the organization. The Museum collection is ‘one of the best collections of transportation vehicles in the world,’ according to the Smithsonian Institution.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- This outgoing individual will represent The National Museum of Transportation at Chamber of Commerce Meetings, St. Louis Attraction Meetings, and the like. You will be a partner-building face of the Museum in the community. He/She will work with the Development Office to obtain sponsors for various events and activities.
- Special Event Responsibilities: Plan and execute The NMOT Easter Egg Scramble, Friend Fridays, Smithsonian Days, Trick of Track (Halloween), and ‘Holiday Happiness is Right on Track’ (Christmas season events.)
- Membership Building: Design programs to increase and retain The NMOT annual memberships.
- Welcome Desk Manager: Work one day a week directly interacting and surveying Museum guests. What can we do better? What do we do well?
This position is a full-time salaried position. Many weeks the work week will be Tuesday-Saturday. Very limited evening hours.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management or related field.
- Two plus years progress experience in customer service and event planning – preferably in the tourism industry.
Anticipated allocation of time:
- Event Planning/Management – 30%
- Community Outreach – 20%
- Welcome Desk Manager – 20%
- The NMOT Membership Building – 20%
- Assisting in S.T.E.A.M. Activity Promotion & Owney the Dog Travels – 10%
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectation to: email@example.com by April 26th.
The NMOT is a privately owned 501(c)(3) organization in St. Louis County, Missouri.