St. Louis Aquarium Foundation
Status: Full Time (non-exempt/hourly)
Reports To: Executive Director of the St. Louis Aquarium Foundation
The St. Louis Aquarium Foundation is the nonprofit partner to the St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station, scheduled to open late 2019. The mission is to engage the community in access and education programs, serving as the region’s recognized voice for water stewardship. The education, volunteer, conservation and fundraising programs are managed through the Aquarium Foundation.
The Development Coordinator (DC) reports to the Executive Director of the St. Louis Aquarium Foundation and will be responsible for supporting the fundraising, events, and administration of the Foundation. Working closely with the Executive Director (and other staff), the DC will coordinate and assist with fundraising programs/activities/special events, donor communication, the fundraising database; donor relations, and administrative functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the fundraising database (Donor Perfect – training is included), data entry, gift processing, reports, online forms, (the database has already been installed, set up and procedures developed)
- Maintain the data entry and gift processing protocols document(s)
- Prepare and send acknowledgment letters as donations are received
- Help put together solicitation letters/packets for one-on-one and mass solicitations
- Prepare e-newsletter (and other communications) for prospects/donors (with Foundation staff), and compile/send content using MarketVolt and Constant Contact
- Working with other staff and vendors, implement and maintain the donor wall and digital recognition content
- Assist Executive Director with Donor Society formation, committee communication, solicitation letters, brochure, etc.
- Help coordinate the administration for special events and projects such as World Oceans Day, Give STL Day, and the Foundation’s role in the Aquarium Grand Opening
- Coordinate school donations program
- Assist the Education Curator and Volunteers Manager as time allows
- Assist the Executive Director in other projects as requested
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of two years of experience; development/nonprofit or related experience preferred
- Knowledge of fundraising software/databases and working in a nonprofit office
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, fundraising software (such as Donor Perfect)
- Experience coordinating multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in a nonprofit/fundraising career
- Strong computer software skills to include proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Detail-oriented, and strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential donor information
- Ability to adapt and maintain flexibility in changing environments
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Help maintain a positive work environment and to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a team
Working Conditions and Requirements of the Job:
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- This job requires periods of sitting and working on a computer, with occasional periods of standing and walking
- This job requires the ability to work effectively, comfortably and respectfully with all ages and a variety of backgrounds, races and nationalities
- This job may include occasional weekends and/or evenings
- The St. Louis Aquarium Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, physical, mental or medical disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by the state or federal law or local ordinance.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 8, 2019 to apply for this position.