Jazz St. Louis
The Development Associate will play an active role in the development, coordination and implementation of a robust fundraising effort for Jazz St. Louis. The Development Associate will work closely with the Director of Development to create and implement both a strategic major gifts program and a corporate engagement program. The Development Associate will also work to expand the organization’s base of support by managing a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, assisting with prospect research, overseeing moves management processes, and implementing recognition and stewardship activities. The ideal individual will be creative, energetic, organized and responsible. They will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations; will have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills; will have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities; and will have flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and events.
· Develop and oversee a full-scale major gifts program. Develop strategies, timelines and metrics. Oversee moves management. Create individualized strategies for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Write proposals and meeting summaries. Develop and implement special initiatives.
· Manage a major gift ($1,500+) portfolio of 50 current and prospective donors.
· Manage all events and activities for the Barbara Rose Major Gift Society.
· Develop and implement a corporate outreach program.
· Conduct donor research on prospective corporate and individual donors.
· Write 3-5 grants per year.
· Administrative and database responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Development.
Experience and Skills
· Minimum three years fundraising experience with a track record of building donor relationships, soliciting major gifts and upgrading donors from annual to major gifts.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Experienced in reporting and monitoring of outcomes.
· Experience working with a culturally diverse workforce and constituencies; excellent human relations skills.
· Strong computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database.
· Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
· College degree preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.