The Housing Partnership, Inc.
The Housing Partnership, Inc. (THP) is a community-based nonprofit organization. The organization’s mission is to stabilize neighborhoods by creating healthy living environments and financially stable households. THP’s vision is to provide outstanding services to the clients and the communities served and to be a lead organization in the formation of a strengthened community development system in the St. Louis region.
The Housing Program Manager is responsible for the day to day operations and overall administration of programming designed to build assets for individuals and households with an emphasis on homeownership as an asset building activity. The primary function is to implement the Homebuyer Services Program by managing and guiding the advising (counseling), education and provision of down payment and closing cost assistance. The work requires a broad array of knowledge on topics that include financial capabilities, coaching and counseling, money management, personal credit building, residential mortgages, residential real estate, hazard insurance coverage, home purchase closing transactions, title insurance, real estate taxes, construction processes, lead hazards, occupancy permits, contracts, and treating homeownership as an investment during the home purchase transaction and becoming a successful homeowner. The job is to provide the leadership and guidance to clients through a process that leads to a knowledgeable and default resistant homeowner with a stable housing condition.
The day to day job activities include advising and educating clients, processing documents necessary for funding, marketing and outreach activities and participating in established mechanisms to stay abreast of trends in the housing counseling field. This is all accomplished through the implementation of systems, policies and procedures that successfully deliver the program to the client in order to achieve program goals.
· Conduct one-on-one meetings with clients designed to help them to understand their unique situation related to the process of purchasing or maintaining a home and covering income pre-qualifications for loan and financial assistance programs, credit report review and recommendations, affordability analysis, monthly spending plan development and other additional program requirements.
· Assisting in the development and implementation of a marketing and outreach plan in order to achieve annual program goals and outcomes.
· Utilize a system to collect and process documents required for clients to receive beneficial one-on-one advising services and down payment assistance including file maintenance, checklists, document analysis and approval, and preparing closing documents.
· Ensure that electronic and hard copy files are maintained for each customer that include the customer intake form, credit report, income documentation, affordability analysis, monthly spending plan, referral forms and action plans as required. Maintain in accordance with HUD and specific program funder’s requirements.
· Oversee the maintenance of customer management system (CounselorMax and others) for reporting and tracking purposes on a monthly basis. Ensure reports are submitted timely to funders.
· Develop and implement workshops and other group education vehicles.
· Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
· Highly motivated self-starter with ability to interact and articulate effectively and confidently with individuals at differing social and economic levels.
· Ability to work independently and as a productive team member.
· Detail oriented with the ability to manage the big picture and specific goals.
· Ability to review, analyze and negotiate situations in order to form strategies to meet specific goals in addition to breaking obstacles down into manageable steps in order to avoid customers from becoming overwhelmed.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work a flexible schedule including limited evenings and weekends.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
· More than five years of experience in homeownership lending, real estate, public education, case management or related field.
· Knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office
· Familiarity with underwriting guidelines for affordable home mortgage loan products and the loan origination and home buying processes in general.
· HUD Housing Counseling Certification and NCHEC Homeownership Certification or willingness to obtain. Ongoing continuing education (including passing exams as required) is required with out of town travel for five or more consecutive days.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary and Benefits:
· Full-time position with benefits as determined in The Housing Partnership, Inc. Employee Handbook.
The Housing Partnership, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Apply to: Kate@thehousingpartnershipstl.org
or mail to:
The Housing Partnership, Inc.
P.O. Box 16356
St. Louis, Missouri 63125