Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition
The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, an agency that strives to create permanency in the lives of every child in foster care by recruiting and supporting foster/adoptive/guardianship families, is hiring a new Communications and Development Manager to support fundraising operations. Members of the Development Team support the Coalition’s mission by inspiring, managing, and growing the gifts of donors. The successful candidate will work closely as a member of the Development Team to support the agency’s fundraising and marketing efforts through various methods including online giving, newsletters, stewardship initiatives, major gifts, corporate gifts, grants, social media, and any new efforts focusing on donors.
The Coalition is interested in hiring a Communications and Development Manager with specialized experience in Marketing and/or Communications, as well as familiarity with the fundamentals of Development, and will determine salary range, responsibilities, and title dependent upon the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
· Give all Coalition donors an unparalleled giving experience by continuously sharing stories of how their gifts have created impact
· With Development Team, project and meet fundraising budgets
· Develop increasing levels of involvement and support among donors and prospects through regular in-person contact with follow-up by phone, email, mail, group activity, etc. (either alone, or in cooperation with the Executive Director, Director of Development, or Board members)
· Create and implement retention and step-up strategies for all donor groups
· Research and prepare proposals to select foundations and corporations in support of the Coalition’s mission
· Record, manage, and analyze fundraising data for trends and recommendations using Salesforce and other prospect research databases
· Support the Coalition’s mission – attend special events, training events, and other “all hands on deck” activities
· Work with Creative Director to schedule and produce stakeholder communications, including electronic and print newsletters, program materials, and marketing collateral
· With Director of External Relations, develop and maintain active social media content strategy that engages the public
· Build strategic engagement plan to strengthen and grow recurring donations program
· Ensure timely and accurate report and proposal deliveries to funders.
· Meet with the Development Team and Executive Director at least quarterly to review budgeted and prospective donors and strategize relationship progress.
Candidates must have:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in communications, nonprofit management, or related field
· Experience in nonprofit sector and working with volunteers
· Demonstrated ability to work with top-level community leaders and philanthropists
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage donors and build long-term relationships
· Strong ability to work collaboratively and as a member of a team, sharing in responsibilities, successes, and challenges
· Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Strong computer skills
This is a full time position.
Send your resume and cover letter to Kyle Williams at email@example.com.
Applications without a well-written, thoughtful cover letter stating your passion and qualifications for serving our kids and families will not be considered.
The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The starting salary for new team members at The Coalition is $42,500 with competitive benefits and work-life balance.