Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation
Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation is a 501©3 headquartered in St. Louis serving families across the United States. Our organization started 8 years ago family foundation, but we have grown incrementally and are now experiencing significant growth as we support families and partner with hospitals nationally.
At Mighty Oakes Heart foundation our vision is that families facing congenital heart defects should have the freedom to be a family and have hope amidst the chaos. We are working towards that vision by supporting families who have children with congenital heart defects financially, emotionally and in ways unique to their needs.
The Director of Development will manage and oversee multiple functions of the development operations including an annual integrated fundraising campaign, Database management, donor communications, resource development, grant development and events coordination. The position will also work closely with the Executive Director to develop and coordinate organizational funding priorities. Responsible for overseeing advancement internal and external reporting functions associated with individual giving (annual fund), with a focus on Major Gift development, corporate relations, and grant development. Assists with the development and management of an integrated fund-raising plan to increase the community’s financial support of the organization’s capital, endowment and program goals and helps plan and execute communications strategies to ensure success. The position requires the ability to develop and implement a strategic development plan aligned with the organizational vision strategic plan.
The full-time salaried position reports directly to the Executive Director of Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation. While we have a budget established for the position, salary is commensurate with experience.
The following are general position responsibilities associated with this position:
Annual Fund and Events:
· Design and implement an Annual Fund predicated on funding priorities and annual fundraising goals in support of the funding priorities and general operations of the organization
· Organize and execute all elements of the Annual Fund that may include, but may not be limited to, direct mail, digital revenue (e.g. social media and e-solicitations), events, corporate engagement, foundation development, and a mid-level and major gifts individual fundraising efforts
· Events are an integral part of Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation fundraising efforts at this time, the evaluation, enhancement, and implementation of existing events will be integral to this position
· Develop and implement a program for in honor of/in memory of gifts – as a part of the Development Plan
Major Gifts/Planned Gifts:
· Develop and implement a major gifts and planned gifts programs, including an action plan to advance prospect identification, research, cultivation and solicitation and stewardship
· Meets with representatives of funding sources and prospective & existing donors to develop funding relationship
· Must work with donor-base in tracking prospective & existing donor relations
· Responsible for developing and managing a personal portfolio of major donors, as outlined in the Major Donor Advancement Plan
· Engages in regular stewardship of annual fund donors
· Support and accompany Joy’s House staff, Board members and volunteers on cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship calls
· Develop and implement overall organizational corporate giving strategy, including sponsorships,
operating support, scholarships, cause-related marketing, and other ways of corporate giving
· Act as Staff Liaison for the Development Committee
· Develop and provide ongoing Board and staff training in fundraising at Annual Retreat and as requested
Management of Development Functions:
· Work closely with Executive Director to develop and implement an annual organization development plan and budget
· Mentor, coach and support Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation, key volunteers, and staff regarding
· Handle management and implementation of grant requests, applications, and evaluations
· And all other duties as assigned
Must have a passion for our mission, vision, and values
· Five or more years demonstrable experience in creating, conducting, and managing fundraising, major gift development, stewardship, cultivation and communications strategies, grant research and composition and interacting with high-level boards.
Four-year degree, with a minimum of five years of fund development experience
· Design and leadership for individual donor focused Development Plan
Work with Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation Executive Director to assist in the strategic direction of the development plan and operations
Familiar with CRM nonprofit software, donor databases and other fundraising technology to use in their daily job duties.
Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Highly organized with excellent time management skills
Flexibility with job duties as well as a creative, self-starter attitude.
An activator, can quickly turn an idea into an action plan
Perform other duties as assigned
Must be able to lift min. 50 lbs. independently
Please send your resume with a cover letter of interest that specifically addresses your experiences, qualifications and salary requirements to Becky Ortyl, Executive Director, at email@example.com or:
Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation
Attn: Becky Ortyl
PO 440323 St. Louis, MO 63144
Hiring will take place as soon as the best candidate is selected.