Jewish Community Relations Council
Job Type: Temporary
Location: St. Louis, MO
Dates: August 2019 – January 2020
Appx # of hours: 400
In 2011, the Islamic Foundation of Greater St. Louis and the Jewish Community Relations Council of St. Louis (JCRC) and its Milford and Lee Bohm Social Justice Center coordinated the first Annual Jewish and Muslim Day of Community Service.
The Day of Service was created to help the St. Louis community on a large scale through service work and charitable projects. The event takes place on Christmas Day to give the Jewish and Muslim communities a dedicated to work on service projects and learn together about each community in order to strengthen our relationship.
There will be a wide range of service opportunities available that day – including tasks suitable for young children, direct service at locations across St. Louis, and projects to create items or packages for charitable organizations. Volunteers of all faiths are encouraged to attend.
· Coordinate the logistics of the Jewish and Muslim Day of Community Service in conjunction with the Co-Chairs as well as the two organizations
· Plan and run Planning and Steering Committee meetings
· Create marketing strategy, including crafting the press release and social media posts
· Manage the budget
· Collect information on the Community-Run Locations
· Work with the website developer to maintain the website
· Communicate progress with the two organizations
Key Skills and Requirements:
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Event planning, management, and marketing
· Basic Microsoft Office and Google Drive knowledge
· Knowledge of the Muslim and Jewish communities
· Basic meeting facilitation
· Ability to work on, and leading up to, Christmas Day
· Some heavy lifting may be needed
Hours and Availability:
· Applicants must be available on Christmas Day and the days leading up to the event
· Working some nights and Sundays is required
· Flexible work schedule, working from home occasionally is also an option (We request communication in advance on scheduling work hours)
To Learn More About the Jewish and Muslim Day of Community Service:
· The event’s website: http://www.jewishmuslimdayofservicestl.org/
· The Islamic Foundation of Greater St. Louis’ website: https://www.islamstl.org/
· The Jewish Community Relations Council’s website: https://jcrcstl.org/
· Previous media example for the event: https://bit.ly/2KwMoL4
Send your resume and cover letter detailing your previous experience and why you are a good candidate for the position to Alyssa Banford at firstname.lastname@example.org.