Position Number: S0801
Job Description Summary:
Uses knowledge of both the business drivers/objectives of Advancement as well as their data, processes, systems, and report-writing applications to shape and execute business strategies and initiatives by integrating and applying those available technologies. Combine an understanding of the business practices and data of this office/function and how technology can be effectively applied to meet those business needs. Serve as a subject matter expert for this area, and integrate that understanding with technical application solutions and support required for achieving goals.
This individual will be responsible for acquiring, recording, structuring and retrieving data that is accurate and complete, and providing stakeholders with reliable information and analysis to a) assist the decision-making process, b) increase donor cultivation and solicitation effectiveness, c) expand the pool of potential prospects, d) efficiently manage select Advancement programs and initiatives, e) and evaluate strategy and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 4+ years experience with data management and reporting required.
- Computer proficient; intermediate to advanced knowledge/skills in the use of current administrative software, (e.g., Microsoft Office and Windows), CRM /ERP databases/applications, and Cognos reporting tools, with a preference for experience in an Advancement software package such as JX Advancement, Blackbaud CRM or Raiser’s Edge, etc.
- Understanding of fundraising practices and principles
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and administrative skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; good individual and group decision-making skills
- High aptitude and willingness to learn new approaches, software applications, and tools
- Project management and participation skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to exercise judgment to solve administrative problems
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to process large amounts of information and break it down into critical elements
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments with minimal supervision
Previous experience in a fund raising environment; higher education environment preferred—especially in Advancement/Development/Alumni Programs
- Serve as a subject matter expert for department’s database/application (currently JX Advancement)
- Develop a thorough understanding of the institution’s ERP system(s), including data structures, established menus and reports, and specialized data extraction and reporting tools.
- Anticipate needs and collaborate with users to gather requirements and to set up tables, reports and data to facilitate their direct access to reliable and valid Advancement data.
- Enable users to access and use data by developing multi-variant/prompt reports.
- Provide data for use in the creation of presentations, and reports as required for internal and external reporting.
- Design and develop custom reports, key indicators, tools, and procedures to support decision making and strategic planning.
- Train departmental staff on navigation of report-writing software and coordinate training on the report-writing software on an as-needed basis.
- Analyze departmental business requirements through information gathering sessions and data/application discussions with end-users.
- Structure, access, store, retrieve, improve, document and provide data for reporting, evaluation, planning, and research on a large, complex relational database.
- Extract and analyze data to identify errors/inconsistencies; establish a routine set of processes that will monitor and notify appropriate departments/individuals to resolve data integrity issues and give direction to departmental end users to solve discrepancies.
- Document data management processes/standards.
- Provide support and guidance in developing, maintaining, and promoting sound data management.
- Contribute to University efforts in data stewardship and integrity; collaborate with departments to implement process changes and efficiencies.
- Work to validate, refine, and expand the data utilized by the University and, adding as necessary, new ideas to make the results more flexible and more tightly linked to current and expected requirements.
- Serve as back-up for donation processing
Open Until Filled: Yes
For full application instructions and position description, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1701032
Webster University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse faculty and staff of the highest caliber. Accordingly, Webster University provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.