Parents as Teachers National Center
Who We Are:
Parents as Teachers National Center (PATNC) is an international, nonprofit organization that promotes optimal early development, learning and health of young children by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers. We advance the delivery of high quality services for families through a comprehensive system of supports and innovative solutions.
Our internationally recognized network uses an evidence-based model to deliver parent education primarily through personal visits and group meetings. We equip parents with knowledge and resources to prepare their children, from prenatal through kindergarten, for a stronger start in life and greater success in school. Parents as Teachers programs operate in various settings, including schools, hospitals, faith-based organizations and housing communities.
Founded in Missouri in 1984, Parents as Teachers serves more than 195,000 children in all 50 U.S. states, more than 100 Tribal organizations, schools and communities, five other countries and one U.S. territory.
About This Position:
The Senior Accountant – Grants Fiscal Monitor is responsible for managing grant and contract funded financial activities of the organization. Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and reconciling accounts applying GAAP and legal accounting requirements.
1. Grant Program Management: Fiscally manage specific grant funded projects and contracts. Process and review all activity associated with the various grants/programs to ensure all accounts have been reconciled and entries have been recorded for the month, as needed. Review financial accounts and detail activity for various grants/programs. Understand and document budget to actual variances. Prepare necessary entries to ensure activities are posted to the appropriate accounts. Monitor activities, expenditures and reporting responsibilities for grants to ensure spending is appropriate and making recommendations for budget revisions. Manage communication with subcontractors, if applicable.
2. Budgeting: Support a variety of finance and accounting functions associated with various Federal government grants and contracts. Review program expenditures in accordance with A-122 cost principles and support the A-133 audit. Develop grant budgets in collaboration with other departments. Assemble budget-related application materials for grant applications.
3. General: Consult, as needed, on intra-department issues. Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing activities. Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies. Import and reconcile data between the general ledger and customer relationship management system.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Master’s degree in Business preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- In depth experience and knowledge of accounting principles/theories (GAAP, FASB).
- MIP and/or Aptify (CRM) accounting experience a plus.
Skills We Are Looking For:
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge and experience with integrated accounting systems for general ledger. Knowledge of Microsoft programs; Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including using a variety of formulas including but not limited to links, sum, vlookup, and pivot tables. Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word and MS Outlook or similar programs.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions in practical solutions.
Detail-Oriented: effectively handle multiple projects concurrently and ability to prioritize work.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of three references, and salary requirements, to jobs@ParentsAsTeachers.org.
Parents as Teachers National Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.