March of Dimes
The Development/Special Events Intern will work under the supervision, direction and training of the Development Specialist on various projects and tasks related to March for Babies.
College Sophomore (at a minimum) in good standing with regular transportation* *Responsibilities will include some driving within local area
March for Babies is a community event that brings families and friends from across the state of Missouri to Hope, Remember, and Celebrate. March for Babies is our longest and largest running event raising over $330,000 in 2019.
Minimum 8-10 hours per week, per semester. Prefer at least 3- hour blocks of time in office.
The position is unpaid. The March of Dimes will provide academic credit, if applicable.
• Assist with planning and logistics for events, including securing vendors, in-kind donations, and constituent communications;
• Maintain spreadsheets on various event components including mailing lists and donations;
• Work with supervisor to assist with daily requests including but not limited to phone calls, emails, organizing spreadsheets, and more;
• Secure and train event volunteers;
• Assist with local marketing efforts, including outreach to local businesses and social networks to promote participation in March for Babies; and
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently and a part of a team;
• Strong organizational, verbal and written skills;
• Exceptional attitude and enthusiasm toward the goal and mission of March of Dimes;
• Must be self-starter with unique ideas on how to improve special events;
• Working knowledge of MS Office and database management;
• Interest in non-profit event logistics and fundraising;
• Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment;
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
About March of Dimes:
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We’re advocating for policies to protect them. We’re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We’re pioneering research to find solutions. We’re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we’re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For More Information:
Submit a cover letter and resume with subject: “Development Intern” to Rosie Schott, Development Specialist, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org