Every Child's Hope
Every Child’s Hope is a children’s and family service organization with locations in St. Louis, Kansas City and Jefferson City. ECH has a variety of campus and community-based programs serving youth of all ages and their families. ECH has a long history of service within its communities, maintains stable operations, and anticipated future growth. At this time, ECH is seeking a Accounting Manager based within the St. Louis region.
Summary: The Accounting Manager is a professional position with leadership and growth opportunities. This position is directs day-to-day accounting operations; overall responsibility for maintenance of general ledger and internal and external reporting. Responsible for accounting of grantor funds and financial compliance. This position reports to the CFO.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of general ledger and subsidiary ledgers on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Supervise a team of three
- Ensure financial compliance is maintained for grantor funds
- Manage audit process
- Maintain appropriate cost allocation
- Recommend additions, deletions or changes to accounting policies and procedures; review with executive management and implement accordingly
- Oversee development and analysis of monthly financial statements and unit/program costs
- Manage internal compliance and external reporting with funding sources
- Ability to interact positively and assist all agency departments and programs
- Must be able to perform tasks independently as well as work with other team members
- Strong software skills and able to use technology effectively
- Other duties as assigned
Access to Confidential Information This person will see confidential information therefore this person must be discrete.
Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5 years full cycle accounting experience. Public accounting experience preferred. Federal grants management experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org