Grand Center Inc.
Grand Center Inc. (GCI) creates the conditions for a thriving creative community in Grand Center Arts District. GCI is a non-profit organization, centrally located in Grand Center Arts District.
GCI is the leader in enhancing the visitor experience when visiting the arts district. Our primary goal is creating the physical environment that insures a positive experience. Our focus ranges from infrastructure improvements to managing security to the installation of public art along with many additional activities. Ancillary programs include the activation of public space, district tours, collaborative district marketing, economic development, and convening arts partners to work together on larger, district-focused programs.
Job Purpose: The Finance and Operations Director (FOD) acts as the head of the organization’s accounting and financial reporting function, providing oversight of the organization’s financials and financial information and reports to management by researching and analyzing accounting data. The FOD is responsible for the operational activities of the organization within our facilities and in relation to district responsibilities. An ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have strong leadership and communication skills, and have previous not-for-profit accounting and operations experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Generate accurate, easy to understand and value-added financial reporting and analysis to allow management, the Committees and Board to make strategic decisions.
· Create processes and procedures over the day-to-day accounting function to ensure all transactions are timely and accurately captured within the organization’s accounting software (QuickBooks).
· Be a strategic partner to leadership, proactively providing the potential financial implications of any proposed endeavors or plans.
· Strategic budget development through collaboration with Grand Center staff. Actively monitor budget versus actual.
· Protect the organization’s resources by developing a strong system of internal controls and providing ongoing monitoring to ensure controls are being followed.
· Maintain and implement an appropriate system of policies and procedures for accounting transactions and operations. Create a manual of accounting procedures.
· Partner with the development team to ensure all of the organization’s fundraising activity is timely and accurately captured and reported.
· Present financial and operational reports at staff, Committee and Board meetings.
· Serve as the liaison with the independent accounting firm during the annual audit process.
· Improve the operational systems, processes and policies.
· With assistance from the administrative assistant, develop and oversee the electronic file system for internal documents.
· Serve as primary management contact to Insperity, Grand Center’s professional employer organization (PEO) for HR and payroll services.
· With the assistance of the Administrative Assistant, manage supplier and vendor relations.
· Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
· Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
· Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation while still maintaining a strong attention to detail.
· Reliable — Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
· Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
· Three or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with not-for-profit organizations is preferred.
· CPA license is preferred but not required.
· Experience using accounting software (QuickBooks).
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.