United 4 Children
Job Title: Full-Time Advancement Officer
Reports To: Executive Director
To support United 4 Children’s mission and community impact priorities by:
- Serving as a key member of the United 4 Children leadership team.
- Leading and overseeing all Resource Development lines of business including Corporate Relations, Major Gifts, New Business, Donor Relations, Fund Raising Events, and Grant Writing while consistently maintaining superior donor relationships and increasing revenue.
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of Marketing and Communication plans and strategies including public relations, media relations, on-line giving, digital communications, key messaging, storytelling, and brand experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Organizational Leadership – 15% of Time
Organizational Culture + Operationalizing Equity
- Maintain a steadfast commitment to organizational mission.
- Maintain a nuanced understanding of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the St. Louis region and the adverse impacts of racial inequity on the ECE sector.
- Equitably recruit, develop, and supervise the Fundraising and Marketing team maintaining a supportive and rigorous environment that promotes inclusion, learning, innovation, communication, and collaboration.
- Develop comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans, budgets, and objectives in conjunction with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Apply sound professional judgment in solving a variety of complex and difficult problems requiring the use of initiative, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Recognize organization-wide priorities and work cooperatively to support accomplishments with staff members and volunteers.
Fundraising & Resource Development – Approximately 70% of Time
Build Community Centric Relationships
- Define and develop a community-centric development plan that fosters a sense of belonging.
- Identify and communicate how U4C’s work aligns with the broader ECE community in St. Louis.
- Work with the Program Officer to build and maintain mutually beneficial and supportive relationships with aligned organizations and partners.
- Promote the organization’s vision and persuade others to take action, grounding fundraising in social justice.
- Center the impacted community in all donor engagements.
- Respect donor integrity and treat donors as partners.
- Highlight how the work of U4C holistically benefits individuals and communities.
Drive Resources & Achieve Results
- Set ambitious and realistic revenue goals and objectives to ensure the ability of U4C to fulfill promises made in the strategic plan.
- Develop and implement strategies, define annual operating plans, recognize and act on opportunities, shift gears when needed, and comfortably handle risk.
- Build and work with the Board of Director’s Marketing and Development Committee to review, monitor and assess fundraising programs, and identify meaningful ways for Board members to participate in revenue-generating activities.
- Identify, recruit and develop new prospects, set key growth targets, and coach to measurable outcomes.
- Recognize the power of effective stewardship and development, and implement relationship plans for donors of all giving levels.
- Establish development operation procedures to ensure strong donor relationships and strategic grant writing practices.
Marketing & Communications – Approximately 15% of time
Effective, Engaging and Innovative Communication
- Leverage insights from audience segments to address community needs, partner with Program Officer in the design and implementation of programmatic solutions aligned with the strategic plan, and create and oversee the execution of marketing plans for these initiatives.
- Guide the creation of a marketing platform that reaches the target audiences and is centered in the strategic plan.
- Oversee the development and implementation modern marketing processes including digital marketing, design thinking, and marketing automation.
- Distill complex information into a simple, clear messaging that will connect with and motivate target audiences.
- Collaborate across departments to brand and promote programs, events, and notable achievements across multiple platforms. Create unified messaging that connects the programmatic work to audiences across platforms and activities.
- Build a trusted brand that is community-led and identifies favorably within the ECE community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least 4 years of progressive experience in a similar role.
- Experience and knowledge of project management and coordination.
- Ability to maintain knowledge and professional development in market research, business trends and fundraising trends that may impact needs and resources.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software.
- Experience and knowledge working with a donor database or similar CMS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise volunteers and staff, work both independently and in a team environment.
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
United 4 Children (U4C) is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, discrimination is prohibited against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
United 4 Children will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability. U4C will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship and/or a direct threat to the health and/or safety of the individual or others would result.
United 4 Children is also committed to not discriminate against any qualified employees or applicants because they are related to or associated with a person with a disability and will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations for medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and lactation where supported by medical documentation and/or as required by applicable federal, state or local law.