Daughters of Charity Ministries, Inc.
The Desktop Support Technician maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, documents, and repairs computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. The Desktop Technician has demonstrated technical expertise, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients, an ability to understand and articulate customer needs, resourcefulness and accountability, and a history of taking initiative. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a High School diploma or GED. A minimum of two years of experience in the Desktop Support IT field is necessary and Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator or Equivalent is preferred. An Associate Degree in computer/information sciences, mathematics, business/MIS or related field is also preferred.
· Provide professional computer support to the Sisters and their business staff.
· Manage requests and incident tickets through ServiceNow and Max RM ticketing systems per service level agreement standards.
· Install / Move / Add / Change for computers, applications, IT peripherals and printers.
· Support miscellaneous devices such as smartphones and tablets.
· Maintain audio visual equipment for conference rooms and perform routine maintenance.
· Perform problem resolution and maintain defined IT standards.
· Interact with customers using a high degree of patience and problem management techniques to solve problems.
· Research, resolve and respond to customer needs received via phone call, email, user walk-up, and through the Service Now and MaxRM ticket systems.
· Escalate problems to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures.
· Connect networkable devices to wired and wireless networks and troubleshoot basic networking problems.
· Test and ensure applications are correctly installed and configured on the computer.
· Document processes and procedures and create basic user instructions and training materials.
· Promotes, exemplifies and supports the values of service to persons who are poor and the mission and values of the Daughters of Charity.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
· Frequent status communications and follow through both written and verbally during issue resolution process.
· Administration duties including but not limited to, asset management tracking, vendor contacts and knowledge base documentation.
· Ability to recommend system modifications to both hardware and software to reduce user problems or increase user functionality.
· Other duties as assigned by Administrator of the Provincial Campus or IT Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mobile device management iOS
- Web browser management
- Telecommunications: PBX telephone system, voicemail, and peripheral devices
- Experience in configuring and testing computer systems with limited supervision
- Thorough understanding of desktop and laptop hardware
- General knowledge of all Microsoft Operating systems: Windows 10 required, Microsoft Office 365/2016 required, and Professional Suite including Access, Publisher and MS Project is helpful
- Network: Ethernet, TCP/IP, IP Address
- Ability to diagnosis and apply critical thinking to resolve technical problems with various hardware, software, smart devices, and servers
- Ability to grasp technical details of new technologies and application thereof
- The person must have well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be a team player with a desire to provide a high-level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills to include:
- Composure and confidence for executive customer support role
- Seek prompt feedback to ensure accurate communication
- Active listening to input from client/user/staff/peer
- Expresses ideas effectively to various organizational levels
- Communicates in a solution-orientated fashion
- A positive attitude is a must
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office Environment requiring sufficient eyesight to work with and repair computers. May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. of computer equipment. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, carry, lift and bend. May be required to drive to local locations to access user sites.
Daughters of Charity Ministries, Inc. is a non-profit organization based in St. Louis, MO. This position is located in the Central West End. In addition to competitive salaries, the Daughters of Charity, Inc offers employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off (PTO), and matching 403(B) contributions.
Click here to apply for this position: