Deutsch Early Childhood of Temple Israel
Early Childhood Teacher
The Deutsch Early Childhood Center is seeking innovative, dynamic, and collaborative teachers to join our community.
Deutsch Early Childhood Center is committed to an educational philosophy that fosters social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth in a safe, loving, enriching environment. Emphasis is placed on developing positive self-esteem through a wide variety of hands-on activities which encourage play, develop natural curiosity, and stimulate creative thinking. Learning objectives follow the guidelines of a Project Construct Education. Project Construct promotes learning and development by engaging children in activities that inspire experimentation and that stimulate children to recognize problems and invent solutions. It promotes cooperation among the children themselves and between children and adults. Active parental involvement and an open communication between home and school are encouraged.
We seek educators who provide nurturing guidance through modeling and through essential teacher-student relationships. This is possible when teachers get to know their students, care about them, and see them as individuals.
Qualifications and Attributes:
• Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of the group of children.
• Observes all rules and regulations set by the Director, the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
• Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
• Strong organizational and communication skills and works well as part of a team.
• Encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
• Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
• Meets all requirements of child care regulatory agency.
• Previous teaching experience and credentials for early childhood education.
• Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
• Knowledge of best practices in early childhood education.
• Positive approach to work and co-workers.
• Energetic, creative, responsible, flexible and loves children!
- Child and staff screening prior to entry into school
- Adhering to all CDC and local guidelines
- Brand new beautiful state-of-the-art building
- Sinks in every classroom for handwashing and utilize most current CDC practices to ensure teachers and students remain healthy and safe
- Perks including school tuition support, benefits package, collaborative and supportive colleagues and leadership
Opportunity to live your Judaism or explore Judaism as an educator in our Jewish-values-focused Education Center (Jewish and non-Jewish educators welcome to apply!)
- School community that feels like a close-knit family
- Both full time and part time positions available
Experience working with infants? We’re hiring a lead teacher to help set up and manage our new infant room, as well as teachers with experience caring for infants.
Please send resume and salary requirements to Lwolf@ti-stl.org