Operation Food Search
Fresh Rx Care Coordinator
Operation Food Search (OFS) is looking for a detail-oriented, motivated, and passionate individual to join our Fresh Rx team. The Fresh Rx program is an innovative partnership between Operation Food Search, Medicaid Managed Care Organizations, and local hospitals in St. Louis to support families around food and nutrition. The Fresh Rx: Nourishing Healthy Starts program works with perinatal women to address food security and nutrition as an integral component of overall pregnancy, health, and wellbeing. Fresh Rx: Prescribing Healthy Futures works with families with a child with diabetes to support the family’s goals around food, nutrition, health, and family autonomy. A successful Fresh Rx Care Coordinator will have experience and knowledge on the barriers to food access, food justice, case management and therapeutic modalities, child and family systems, and/or maternal and infant health.
The Fresh Rx Care Coordinator shall promote and support the Fresh Rx programs in accordance with OFS’s mission and goals. The Fresh Rx Care Coordinator will work in in close collaboration with the Fresh Rx team and the Food Squad including the Manager of Clinical & Community Nutrition, the Fresh Rx Community Chef, Food Systems Associate and Fresh Rx Nutrition Ambassadors, as well as the larger Department of Policy and Innovation.
Operation Food Search (OFS), a hunger relief organization based in St. Louis, MO, strengthens the safety net by empowering children, teens, and adults with a range of innovative programs and services proven to reduce food insecurity and increase access to healthy and affordable food. We help feed 200,000 people every month.
Mission: To nourish and educate our neighbors in need to heal the hurt of hunger.
Goals: 1) Meet the immediate need for food for children and families; 2) Empower long-term skills by teaching culinary skills and nutrition education; 3) Champion change through advocacy and innovation.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Provide case management services to a caseload of pregnant women or families experiencing diabetes in the Fresh Rx programs.
- Provide crisis intervention and management to program participants.
- Integrate care coordination with community and program partners.
- Build relationships with community partners and provide appropriate and timely referrals to clients.
- Maintain detailed and timely case management notes and expenditure tracking.
- Provide regular reports on program and participant progress to program partners.
- Attend team, partner, and research team meetings.
- Support other Fresh Rx program components, including meal kit distribution and assembly, and program events.
- Partner with Fresh Rx team members to fulfill grant requirements and program benchmarks.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate has experience working in healthcare and with perinatal populations and/or families experiencing diabetes. A strong focus on strengths-based, Trauma-Informed Care, and social and racial justice models to support both pregnant women and families is key to the success of this position. The Fresh Rx Care Coordinator will also cross-train with other Fresh Rx programming and will have opportunities to explore new program components as part of a dynamic team. The work requires a strong growth-oriented and flexible working style to accommodate fast-paced program development. Paying close attention to detail, organization, maintaining relationships with program partners, good communication and ability to juggle multiple projects are all important for this position. The Fresh Rx Care Coordinator will work with a close-knit, multidisciplinary, and funky fresh team of social workers, registered dietitians, public health specialists, chefs, program graduates, and community partners.
- Licensed Masters-level social worker (LMSW) currently in supervision or beginning supervision within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to integrate racial equity, social justice, therapeutic modalities, and whole-person support into case management interactions.
- Advanced understanding of Trauma-Informed Care and its implementation.
- Ability to protect the mission, goals, and values of the organization.
- Passion for the Fresh Rx programs, working in maternal and infant health, and the OFS mission.
- Possess a flexible and growth-based mindset and actively seek out opportunities to learn.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and without close supervision.
- Ability to establish positive interpersonal relationships with OFS team, partners, and stakeholders.
- Strong communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Experience working with maternal and infant health and/or with families experiencing diabetes.
- Experience working with families experiencing with food insecurity.
- Strong knowledge of social justice and ability to apply social justice principles to their work.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Competent telehealth skills.
- Flexibility in working hours for occasional special events after hours or weekend activities.
- Ability to work on-site and at home.
- Willingness to assist with other OFS duties as required or as assigned.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to Katie Simpson. No phone calls, please.
Applications received without both cover letter and resume may not be considered.
Location: 1644 Lotsie Boulevard, Overland, MO 63132
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with Experience; Health Insurance; Vision; Dental; 401(k); PTO